The Seven Last Words from the Cross (The Sayings of Jesus on the cross)
The seven sayings form part of a Christian meditation that is often used during Lent, Holy Week and Good Friday. The traditional order of the sayings is:
- Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.
- Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
- John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother
- Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
- John 19:28: I thirst.
- John 19:30: It is finished. (From the Greek "Tetelestai" which is also translated "It is accomplished", or "It is complete".)-It is Finished.
- Luke 23:46: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Christ Follower Life Blog
Life gets busy and spend time reading the Bible can be difficult. Here are the Bible verses to encourage, heal and nourish women in all seasons of life.
#1 Praise God - Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name - in the prayer Jesus taught us, He started with praising God. you should too!
#2 Seek God's Will - Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done - Do you know what God's purpose for your life is? Whether you answer yes or no, you should continually seek God's plan for your life.
At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked,
“Who touched my clothes?” – Mark 5:30